Monday, March 15, 2010

Why I hate switching to Daylight Savings Time

Saturday night before we went to bed we switched all the clocks.
Counting the stove and the microwave, there about a dozen in the house.
Plus the computers and the cell phones, but those update all by themselves, apparently by magic.
Then there's my wristwatch.
And the clock on my car radio, which I don't know how to switch, so it's only accurate between November and mid-March.
I really thought we had them all covered.
But I forgot about the one on my desk at work. Thus I was just getting ready to leave at 5:45, thinking it was only 4:45, when I mentioned to my boss that I was leaving a few minutes early because I had a dentist's appointment.
"Early?" he said, looking puzzled.
"Yes, my appointment is at 5:10, so..."
"But it's 5:45," he said.
"No it's only 4..." Oh. OH!
Damn.
Called the dentist. Apologized for being an idiot. Will reschedule appointment.
No wonder the afternoon seemed so long...

No comments: